[Lazarus] Are lazarus / fpc sensitive to line endings?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 21:45:07 CEST 2015

I need to set up some version control on the files I work on in
Lazarus on the Raspberry Pi. But I have been unable to make the Pi
connect to the company VPN so it cannot be direcly communicating with
the server. I know tha some years ago when I was doing some webserver
work in a Linux Mint virtual machine I was able to make the VPN
connection, but not from the Pi.

So instead I figured I could make a samba share on the Pi where the
dev files reside and then use my Win7 PC which is connected by VPN as
the vehicle to check out and commit source files. All I need to do is
to connect my PC to the Pi share and then work with CVS from the PC
side.

Until it dawned on me that when CVS on Windows operates it assumes
line endings as CRLF whereas Linux usually only uses LF.

So is fpc and/or lazarus sensitive to line endings like shell scripts
are?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden