[Lazarus] Deployment tool: make deb

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 17:48:46 CET 2015

If anyone is interested, I wrote a quick and dirty utility to create debian
(deb) deployment packages for Lazarus applications (any really):

http://cache.getlazarus.org/images/makedeb-screen.png

Features:

* Creates deb files for deploying your applications to Debian distros
(Mint, Ubuntu, ect)
* Automatically finds dependencies for you
* Automatically detects application architecture
* Includes your executable and pixmap as well as creating an app desktop
file (app shortcut in /usr/local/share/application)
* Stores each applications settings in files which you can reuse (make
changes and redeploy)

If enough people are interested in this kind of app, let me know, because I
would spend a little extra time to make it a bit friendlier (file
associations, deployment save to folder, license file support, and desktop
actions).

Note: If anyone is familiar with deb files, how do you normally create the
dependencies section of the deb control file? I want to make sure my
programmatic method to find them isn't overkill.