[Lazarus] "Checkbox for Booleans" in Object Inspector now used as default

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 01:57:33 CEST 2015

The checkbox option seems to be working for me on ubuntu gtk2 lazarus.

Capture:

http://cache.getlazarus.org/video/inspector.mp4

One thing I've noticed about gtk versions of the inspector is the lagginess
of the inspector when mouse dragging with the left button pressed. It would
seem that with each inspector property change (ie. changing which property
is being edited) leads a significant delay (a few hundred milliseconds)
caused by hiding->moving->showing the inplace editor many times a second.

This could be lagginess could be eliminated entirely by not attempting to
show the inplace editor until after a timer has expired. For example,
detect that the last inplace editor was created 100 milliseconds ago, so
don't try to show the next inplace editor. Rather wait for 200ms after the
a previous inplace editor was selected before showing the next inplace
editor. If a new property was selected before the 200ms, then reset the
timer to 0 and start it again.