[Lazarus] Installing Lazarus on Raspbian Jessie on a Pi2B?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Oct 3 12:20:39 CEST 2015

Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Oct 2015 21:45:50 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd
> <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> If you have problems with gtk2, I suggest also trying with Qt which will
>> require the libqt4pas-dev (Debian) package. Please keep us updated since
>> you're the local expert: I didn't even know that Raspbian had progressed
>> to Jessie, and am far too busy to play with it at the moment.
>>
> Just to update:
> After changing to Raspbian Wheezy the tutorial I linked to worked fine
> and I now have fpc 3.1.1 and Lazarus trunk installed from sources
> retrieved with svn. :)

Well done :-)

I intermittently run Lazarus on a range of architectures from ARM to
x86_64 using Linux and (where appropriate) Solaris, and it's rare to
find any significant differences between them. Maintaining code that
also has to run on Windows can be a bit more difficult, and having
something that will compile on either Lazarus or Delphi benefits from a
cautious approach.

Have you sorted out your earlier problems understanding what can be done
over SSH etc.?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk