[Lazarus] High-DPI aware LCL ?

Wed Oct 7 11:20:54 CEST 2015

On 2015-10-07 09:25, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> It worked on Linux, Windows 7. Then someone ran it on Windows 8 and 10,
> and those versions of Windows did something which completely messed up
> the DPI awareness.

Strange, because using the same method as what you, but with a fpGUI
test application. Scaling worked perfectly on Linux, FreeBSD, Win2000,
WinXP, Win7 and Win8.1

Here are screenshots I just did under Windows 8.1. The application was
designed at 96dpi, and I tested with 120 (120%), 144 (150%) and 192
(200%) dpi values. Note how the whole application stays in proportion
with clear text and graphics.

  http://geldenhuys.co.uk/~graemeg/temp/

Granted, under Win8.1 I had to include a manifest file to tell Windows
that my application is DPI-aware, otherwise it does scaling (app stays
at 96dpi and then Windows zooms the app). Here is the manifest file I
used, as as recommended by Microsoft.

===========================
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0"
xmlns:asmv3="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3" >
  <asmv3:application>
    <asmv3:windowsSettings
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">
      <dpiAware>true</dpiAware>