[Lazarus] High-DPI aware LCL ?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Oct 7 12:59:10 CEST 2015

On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 12:37:45 +0200
Ondrej Pokorny <lazarus at kluug.net> wrote:

> On 07.10.2015 12:24, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > There are currently about 400 icons in the IDE. We need volunteers to
> > create them either as SVG or as higher resolution image.
>
> IMO the icons are the latest problem. Personally I don't care if the
> icons are blurry at higher DPI. It would be absolutely sufficient that
> every window and control in the IDE is properly scaled and images are
> resized with quality loss.

It may be the last problem, but it can be worked on independently, so
volunteers can already start.

> Maybe the best solution would be to buy a professional set of icons (via
> some fund-raising e.g.). I don't think there is a volunteer who would
> make 400+ icons for Lazarus...

Normal icon sets are about common topics. Most Lazarus icons are
hard to map to such icons, because they are either about specific
graphics (e.g. TDBListBox, TMySql51Connection) or about abstract topics
(jump to implementation).
So you need a good deal of custom icons.

Mattias