[Lazarus] High-DPI aware LCL ?

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 12:54:17 CEST 2015

On 07/10/15 22:24, Sven Barth wrote:
> Am 07.10.2015 20:55 schrieb <wkitty42 at windstream.net
> <mailto:wkitty42 at windstream.net>>:
>>
>> On 10/07/2015 06:24 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>>>
>>> On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 12:52:53 +0300 Juha Manninen
>>> <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com <mailto:juha.manninen62 at gmail.com>>

>>> There are currently about 400 icons in the IDE. We need
>>> volunteers to create them either as SVG or as higher resolution
>>> image.
>>

>> is there not a conversion tool that can convert them from what they
>> are now (raster??) to SVG format?
>>
>> a quick look shows there's various ways but it seems that many
>> simply embed the original image within the SVG output... the good
>> ones that work seem to be manual (eg: inkscape, adobe
>> illustrator)...
>>

> Yes, there are conversion tools, but that does not necessarily mean
> that the resulting images are nicely scaleable. It might work, it
> might not and depending on the algorithms the tool uses it might even
> depend on the source image...
>
> Regards, Sven

Can't help but think (though I haven't seen the SVG spec),
does the SVG format have indication of LOD of the elements, and possibly
element class (contour, key, background etc), or scaling factor speed, or something like that?
so the creator of the image can indicate when to stop showing certain portions
of the image... one could do creating it large, then downscaling without
loosing the gist of the icon...

Of course it is then on the image creators' head to indicate what needs to stay at
different level of details, how 'quickly' the lines should scale relative to the resizing...

(sorry for the offtopic)

Lukasz