[Lazarus] lazcontrols filters

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Fri Oct 9 20:00:06 CEST 2015

On 09.10.2015 19:38, Bart wrote:
> You're right. And if OwnerDrawing is False then everything you write
> tothe cnavs gets erased whenever the control paints itself. So, maybe
> not the way to go.

True.

I was able to paint custom shapes on TEdit on Windows with this
approach:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9758016/how-do-i-custom-draw-of-tedit-control-text
. It works well.

But it fails on Linux/Gtk2. The edit control is always painted after my
paint procedure, overpainting everything except a tiny space between
bounds and the edit.

But if we assume that it is possible in TComboBox with OwnerDraw, there
must be a way how to do it even on Gtk2. Or is OwnerDraw linked with
some Gtk2-ComboBox property?

Ondrej