[Lazarus] lazcontrols filters

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 12:26:56 CEST 2015

On 10/11/15, Ondrej Pokorny <lazarus at kluug.net> wrote:

> The fact that TextHint uses the "normal" Text property in TEdit sounds
> more a hack to me. Such custom painting could be safely used for
> TComboBox as well.

Yes it is.
We did it that way because not all widgetsets natively support such a
feature (or at least we were not aware of this).
And we were not willing to make TCustomEdit "custom painted".

TextHint is natively supported on Windows (and most likely on WinCE)
via a system API.
If (and only if) this can be achieved via all other widgetsets (QT,
GTK2, Carbon, Cocoa) the hack can be removed and the code can be moved
to the widgetset implementation.

So, does anybody know wether the other widgetsets offer this
functionalitly natively?

Bart