[Lazarus] Built Lazarus on RPi2, warning on every project build

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Oct 11 22:10:26 CEST 2015

Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 11:48:55 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd
> <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>> I /think/ that somebody pointed out elsewhere that those were spurious,
>>> but I'd need to check.
>> If it causes issues then for Wheezy 2015 try adding
>>
>> -Fl/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.6
>>
>> to your /etc/fpc.cfg, or for Jessie add
>>
>> -Fl/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.9
>>
>> Note there's no space in there. Remember that for configuration files
>> like this you'll usually need to use a unix/Linux editor, since the
>> line-ending convention is different for DOS.
>

> Where in the file do I add this line?
> Or does it not matter?

If it mattered, I'd have said :-) That file is basically just a list of
options that are appended most of the times FPC is run.

I'd suggest you either tack it in like this (this is a slightly older
Raspbian, but you should get the idea):

..
# searchpath for fppkg user-specific packages
-Fu~/.fppkg/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$FPCTARGET/*

# path to the gcclib
# This for Raspbian 2014 -Fl/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.6.3
# This for Raspbian 2014 -Fl/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi
-Fl/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.6

# searchpath for libraries
#-Fl/usr/local/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/lib
#-Fl/lib;/usr/lib
-Fl/usr/local/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/lib/$FPCTARGET

# searchpath for tools
-FD/usr/local/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/bin/$FPCTARGET

# This for Raspbian 2014
#    -FL/lib/ld-linux.so.3

#DEFINE NEEDCROSSBINUTILS
..

or alternatively put it at the end and put your initials in a comment.
In either case, treat this as part of your system documentation.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk