[Lazarus] Theoretical question about future of Lazarus

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 09:39:01 CEST 2015

On Tuesday, October 13, 2015, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

> >Just measured it:
> >From the Menu/Programming/Lazarus click to when Lazarus is on the
> screen with the last project loaded: 7 s

Not bad.

I would say that it took upwards of an hour to do the make. But I went
> out for coffee during the make operation, I should really have put it
> into a shelscript with a command to save a timestamp into a file at
> the start and end of the operation.
> Will do so the next time around.
>
> But that might perhaps not be what you asked?

One hour is accurate enough. My Beebox does "make bigide" in about 4
minutes.
I wrote about it in forum (thread "dead computer") and hoped somebody would
measure the time in a really fast machine. How fast are they nowadays?

> Oh, I see now that you invoke a make not as root! Are you supposed to
> be able to build Lazarus (and FPC) as a non-priviliged user?

I build and run Lazarus in the local SVN repo directory as a normal user.

Juha