[Lazarus] Theoretical question about future of Lazarus

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 11:57:41 CEST 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 11:39 AM, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> For example i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz on Linux/Ubuntu 64bit:
>
> fpc 2.6.4:
> real    1m2.630s
> user    0m58.592s
> sys     0m3.556s
>
> fpc 3.1.1:
> real    1m23.381s
> user    1m17.052s
> sys     0m5.748s

Strange, FPC 3.1.1 is slower. Maybe the new additions in trunk have
caused it. In earlier tests I remember they were about equal.
My Beebox test was with FPC 3.0RC1. Beebox is maybe about 3 times
slower than i7. Not bad for a small fanless gadget! It is like the
high-end machines were just few years ago.

This gadget is still not for sale in many places. I got mine from
Amazon, Germany :
 http://www.amazon.de/Asrock-Desktop-PC-Celeron-Betriebssystem-schwarz/dp/B0104LW7AU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444727010&sr=8-1&keywords=beebox

Regards,
Juha