[Lazarus] Theoretical question about future of Lazarus

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Oct 13 14:43:06 CEST 2015

On 10/13/2015 03:39 AM, Juha Manninen wrote:
> One hour is accurate enough. My Beebox does "make bigide" in about 4
> minutes. I wrote about it in forum (thread "dead computer") and hoped
> somebody would measure the time in a really fast machine. How fast are they
> nowadays?

what do you call "really fast"?? i might be able to try this on my 8-core 4Ghz
box... i'm not sure because the current installation was done with fpcup and i'm
not sure of its status so that i can update this installation further... the
only other thing is that i don't use bigide at this time... it was too confusing
for me while trying to learn the interface... so i started off with the basics
and then added packages as i needed...

> I build and run Lazarus in the local SVN repo directory as a normal user.

i do the same here as well as on my sole remaining winwhatever box which is
scripted for updated using a .bat file i wrote before fpcup came on the scene...