[Lazarus] Suggestion about environmentoptions.xml

FreeMan freeman35 at delphiturkiye.com
Tue Oct 13 17:41:48 CEST 2015

On 13.10.2015 17:09, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 14:03:00 +0300
> FreeMan <freeman35 at delphiturkiye.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> Why all settings in environmentoptions.xml ? for example, New desktop
>> settings added, its good think, But why all value in
>> environmentoptions.xml ?
> It was easier to implement and loading/saving only one file is faster.
> The IDE already loads 30+ configs every start and this costs some time.
> parallel.
yes, But how long get time? 1 second 5-10 second? need test. if conflict
any settings,  hard to find it. I'm talk about to lazarus user(s)
ofcource this conflict problem on usually on svn

>> My suggestion is different file for each
>> setting grup. PackageEditor_***** can be separate xml file. So user
>> (like me) when any conflict, just remove that file, and IDE create
>> default values. At this style, I mean each settings in separated file,
>> can copy settings to different os or user(s)
> What settings a user wants to move to another OS varies widely.
> Maybe implement a dialog, where the user can select
> what to export.
For cross compile.  for exmple I'm on osx and make win and linux build.
For some design and/or some test etc. I'm using virtualbox os and
installed same fpc & lazarus (svn)
Keyboard maps. Editors colors, etc. Export/Import maybe helpful, but at
this point need select which settings will export or import. On import
need version check etc.