[Lazarus] Theoretical question about future of Lazarus

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 21:33:22 CEST 2015

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:13:19 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

>$ sudo mv old_directory_name new_directory_name

I did:
sudo mv /usr/local/share/lazarus /usr/local/share/lazarus_old

>$ sudo rm -r directory_name
>
>or even
>
>$ sudo rm -rf directory_name
What is the difference?

>create etc. a directory for Lazarus:
>
>$ cd /usr/local/share
>$ sudo mkdir lazarus
>$ sudo chown markMLl:staff lazarus

>After that you can fill the directory using svn or whatever and compile
>it, without needing root.

I already created a directory /home/pi/development where I checked out
lazarus trunk into subdir lazarus. So the sources are there.
In these discussions I have understood that lazarus can be handled
entirely within the home dir...

>As discussed elsewhere, you need to sort out logging into the RPi as
>"yourself" rather than root
My problems earlier were again following the tutorial website where
everything was done after sudo su...
That part is entirely fixed now!  :)

---- Lazarus has been compiling bigide ----
~/development/lazarus $ time make bigide

Result:
real    17m57.477s
user    14m15.830s
sys     2m26.930s

My Rasberry Pi2 was set up with 1000GB swap and to boot into the
command line interface (to not waste memory) for the build operation
above.
I will now switch out of this thread and create a new one for
installation of Lazarus on a Raspberry Pi2 since I still have
problems.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden