[Lazarus] Building and starting Lazarus on Raspberry Pi2 with Raspbian Jessie

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 00:05:09 CEST 2015

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 21:26:33 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

>If you're compiling trunk and get something like this, the first thing
>to do is check whether somebody's just fixed it. It's very much a
>"movable feast" and it's difficult to know at which point's it's
>completely consistent, in general I try to work with the latest tagged
>release unless I specifically know there's something I should be testing.

Well, as I said I just blindly followed the tutorial not really
knowing what was going on in order to get Lazarus operational on the
Pi. It prescribed trunk where it probably would have been appropriate
to specify a release tag...
My task is to create a controller application using older object
definition files from Delphi but targeting the Raspberry Pi2.

>$ svn ls http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags
>..
>lazarus_1_4/
>lazarus_1_4_2/
>lazarus_1_4_4/     <--- Most recent
>lazarus_1_4_RC1/
>lazarus_1_4_RC2/
>lazarus_1_4_RC3/

Is there a non-destructive way to go backwards on revisions with svn?
To be honest I have only actively used CVS as version control (daily
since about 2000) and never before svn...
Would I have to scrap the existing checkout and start over?
Or is there a "backwards" command that would get the sources of 1.4.4
and then still be possible to compile from the Lazaus Tools menu?

Notice that the very same tutorial got me FPC 3.1.1 built from source
(trunk) and done as root...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden