[Lazarus] Win 10 IOT Core

Žilvinas Ledas zilvinas.ledas at dict.lt
Fri Oct 16 14:51:32 CEST 2015

On 2015-10-16 15:28, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

>>> What about Win 10 IOT Core for ARM ? I suppose that some work needs
>>> to be
>> done to support Win 10 IOT Core on ARM.
>>>

>> It depends on whether normal WinAPI programs will work there.
>
> I thought not?

According to https://ms-iot.github.io/content/en-US/Faqs.htm :
-----
Are true console apps supported on Windows 10 IoT Core?

True “console” apps aren’t really going to be supported for the IoT core
OS, headless or not. You can still deploy and run a standard win32
console app here, it just won’t be connected to any on-device console.
When running headless you should just get that black screen. When
running headed the only supported UI is via the UWP UI stacks (XAML,
HTML, DirectX).
-----

Ant there is a tool to check compatibility of ordinary WinCE apps:
https://ms-iot.github.io/content/en-US/win10/tools/IoTAPIPortingTool.htm

Best regards,
Žilvinas