[Lazarus] Video: Color Picker ... and a question

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Sun Oct 18 10:53:39 CEST 2015

On 18.10.2015 10:47, Anthony Walter wrote:
> Michael, I apologize if I wasn't clear. The problems wasn't shortcut
> keys, rather it is showing an application window and bringing it to
> the foreground when your application isn't the active graphical
> application.
>
> That is to say, for example, suppose you had a timer set to 3 minutes.
> Is there a way to activate your application and bring it to the
> foreground when the timer expires? How can applications bring
> themselves to the foreground on recent Gtk based desktops?

That would be interesting also for the "single Lazarus IDE" I developed
recently. I was able to do it on Windows but not Linux/Gtk2. On Linux
Lazarus IDE doesn't come up in the front, it only highlights the
application bar button. But as Michael said, it's only possible if the
window manager allows it.

Ondrej