[Lazarus] Type helper now work with CodeTools?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 18 17:06:08 CEST 2015

Am 18.10.2015 16:24 schrieb "Dmitry Boyarintsev" <skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
>:
>

> On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 10:11 AM, Anthony Walter <sysrpl at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> A question, are type helpers limited to one per type? That is to say, if
I write a "type MyStringHelper = record helper for string" and Michael adds
a "type LazStringHelper = record helper for string" in SysUtils, will only
one of them work when I have both units added to the my uses clauses of
another unit?

> Only one of them will work, but you can use helpers inheritance.
>
> http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/refse57.html#x114-12400010.5

Currently there is this restriction, yes, but I do plan to add a modeswitch
that will rectify that, I just need to plan how overload resolution should
work.

Regards,
Sven