[Lazarus] *SPAM* Re: Win 10 IOT Core

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 19 14:41:33 CEST 2015

Am 19.10.2015 11:49 schrieb "Michael Schnell" <mschnell at lumino.de>:

>> To stress this again: We don't support UWP right now as a target in the
compiler and RTL.

> Why does UWP need support by the compiler or the RTL ? AFAIK, GDI does
not have such  either, but only by the LCL.

GDI is merely an API provided in context of the WinAPI, UWP is much more.
First of it's an environment which /must/ run on top of the MSVC runtime
and secondly not all WinAPIs that our Windows RTL needs and uses are
available. In addition there's also the point of the COM classes (many
higher level APIs like window handling and drawing are only available
through that) for which we AFAIK yet need support in our type library tool.
And then UWP apps are packages like e.g. applications on Mac OS X or apps
on Android, so the corresponding tools for these need to be used as well...

Regards,
Sven