[Lazarus] *SPAM* Re: Win 10 IOT Core

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Oct 20 09:36:02 CEST 2015

On 10/19/2015 05:07 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Bwah, I don't really think so.
>
> You're better off using Linux or some BSD for embedded stuff.
> Why tie yourself to a company such as Microsoft ?

I personally am thinking along the same lines.

In fact I personally am not planning to do a project with Win IOT. (But
I need to recommend it for the company I am working for, due to the huge
embedded project they are doing in Delphi, and declined porting to Linux
due to lack of manpower.)

But as I think that Microsoft will push Win IOT with their marketing
power, and Delphi already does support it with Service Applications, I
would not like to see Lazarus in a looser position.

-Michael