[Lazarus] *SPAM* Re: Win 10 IOT Core

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Oct 20 11:26:25 CEST 2015

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 10/20/2015 11:05 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>
>> Except that it is not remote.
>>
> ????
>
> With the QNAP it is remote. Or am I hit by a misconception of that wording ?

I understand it as follows:

A browser application (any RIA) such as used in QNA is in fact a client/server application.
The client just happens to be a browser.

ExtJS is meant to run in the browser.  The gui is built from A to Z in the browser.
It is there for a 'local' GUI from the point of view of a developer or end user.

To me, a 'remote' gui is built on the server and then sent to the client (browser).
In this scenario, the server has at all times a mirror of what the client sees.
This is stateful, therefor not scalable, and in general IMHO should be avoided.

Michael.