[Lazarus] *SPAM* Re: Win 10 IOT Core

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Oct 20 11:51:50 CEST 2015

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 10/20/2015 11:26 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>

>> A browser application (any RIA) such as used in QNA is in fact a
>> client/server application.
>> The client just happens to be a browser.
>>
>> ExtJS is meant to run in the browser.  The gui is built from A to Z in the
>> browser. It is there for a 'local' GUI from the point of view of a
>> developer or end user.
>
> So the Client application would completely have to be written in Java Script.
> (To me: Yuck !!!)

Yes. Any attempt to avoid this is futile.

I tried 2 concepts (one of the ExtPascal).
You ALWAYS end up writing javascript for particular cases.

So, better bite the bullet and do the lot in Javascript
directly, using the tools available in Javascript.
Even the folks at Google came to this conclusion.

What I do endorse is converting Pascal to Javascript directly.
Pascal is better suited for large projects: classes, type safety and so on...

Michael.