[Lazarus] Working on big units

Thu Oct 22 13:17:46 CEST 2015

On 2015-10-21 20:45, Aradeonas wrote:
> I Just work on one of my units with about 10,000 line of code that have
> 7 class and it makes me crazy moving in it and adding procedure or

"big" is a relative term I guess. I don't consider 10,000 lines big
these days. :)

Take a look at "Procedure List" found in the Search menu, or simply use
Alt+G  (I've changed mine to Ctrl+G). This allows you to type any text,
and the list shown will be reduced to show any partial matches. Down
arrow to highlight what you want, and ENTER to go to that code. No mouse
usage is needed. You can also use the combobox to limit matches to a
specific class.

I ported this to Lazarus many years ago, because this is by far the
fastest way to find specific code in large units - at least that is my
personal experience.

Using Editor Bookmarks are also a vital tool I use to jump to different
location in a unit, or even to other units.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/