[Lazarus] Lazarus implementation of TListView etc?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 23 14:12:57 CEST 2015

Am 23.10.2015 09:45 schrieb "Michael Schnell" <mschnell at lumino.de>:
>> In this case I do not want to re-invent all of the communications and
data parsing code...

> You obviously are out of luck (As already discussed, additionally to the
"visual-component" issues, the Event-queue issue will hit you as well. To
solve this, non-RAD will not be enough.).

> There is no shortcut on this way. That is why I recommended to do a
standard GUI application with Lazarus.

I somehow have the feeling that you and Graeme as well don't understand
what Bo's precise problem is. He has a unit which is a collection of
various different methods, classes, whatever. Some of these are related to
GUI components (e.g. TTreeView) while others are not. He wants to use the
non-GUI related code in his project without restructering the unit (for
now). So this has /nothing/ to do with RAD or hom writing a console
application or whatever. He simple needs to get the unit to compile (which
he did by adding the LCL dependency) and stay clear from using any of the
code that might use GUI. In that case there will be no dependency on a
specific GUI, because the Interfaces unit is missing and the compiler might
even smartlink away the GUI-related code that isn't used anyway.

TL;DR: Yes, Bo should restructure his code, but he does not /need/ to do so
right now.

Regards,
Sven