[Lazarus] Working on big units

Sun Oct 25 01:30:58 CEST 2015

On 2015-10-24 13:34, Anthony Walter wrote:
> How do I enable the HTML view for object inspector information box. Using a
> recent SVN trunk here and all I see is normal plain text in the info box.

Not really related to this thread, but to answer your question.... As
far as I know you need to install the TurboPowerIPro package into
Lazarus. This then enables HTML info box in the Object Inspector, and
enable HTML hints windows in the source code editor.

> Also work noting, what would everyone think about screen captures as mp4?
> All browsers now support the video tag, framerate and colors are usually
> better, videos can include sound.

At the time I found Animated GIF's sufficient for the task (the wiki
page), and they were very easy to create and ALL browsers (new and old)
support Animated GIF's.

I personally think the W3C really failed us all with the VIDEO tag - by
not specifying a specific codec for the HTML5 standard.

But if you must go the way of embedded videos, I would suggest a truly
open standard codec and container format. For that reason I would
recommend OGV files with Ogg Vorbis encoding for sound and Ogg Theora
encoding for video.

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogg

My other choice would be WebM.

Either way, definitely not MPEG anything.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/