[Lazarus] Clipboard problem with Lazarus using VNC

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 11:51:57 CET 2015

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 10:29:35 +0100, Michael Schnell
<mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

This might actually be a bit off topic for this thread, which I
created in order to report a Lazarus IDE problem rather than
discussing my development issues...
But anyway:

>As I suggested before, you should first do the porting completely on a
>Linux PC, avoiding such cut/paste and hundreds of other problems.

Well, I am not right now that far into the process. I have just
briefly tested the class units and checked what would be the caveats
there. But then I have switched to laying the ground work first and
check if I could actually use FPC in order to:
1) Control relays via the GPIO connector on the RPi2. Done OK

2) Create a TCPIP communications object that would have properties
similar to the serial port component I have used in Delphi. THis measn
that it must have at least an event for receiving data on the socket.
I have tried several approaches and am not yet done. My last try is
using Indy TIdTcpClient with some thread to handle the blocking read
issues. This is not done and where I am now and since it involves the
basic hardware stuff (including ARM7 CPU) I feel it is safer to do
directly on the target system. Not yet done.

>As you stated before, that you already have a running PC Linux, Here you
>have an X-server, the small board can attach to via TCP/IP in the
>standard UNIX way.

Not entirely accurate, what I have are a few VMWare virtual machines
with some flavours of Linux Mint installed in order to use for web
development testing. So then I need to fire up the VMWare environment
too and start the virtual machine in order to get a display that sits
inside the VM...

Do you mean that the Linux Mint has an X server that can be used by my
Raspbian Jessie on the Pi as the display when they are on the same
network?

Or do you mean I should switch away from the Pi and work in the Linux
Mint instead?

Before going the VNC route I tried to find an X-server that could be
installed in Windows7 so I could use that as the display for the
Raspbian Jessie GUI. But it was not as easy as I expected, there were
all kinds of caveats concerning those I found so I gave up and tried
VNC instead....
Never was able to install and use Xming for example.

Do you have a suggestion as to which X-server I could run on Windows7
instead of using VNC?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden