[Lazarus] Clipboard problem with Lazarus using VNC

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Oct 26 12:15:26 CET 2015

Bo Berglund wrote:

Now we're getting somewhere.

> Never was able to install and use Xming for example.
>
> Do you have a suggestion as to which X-server I could run on Windows7
> instead of using VNC?

I think you said you're using PuTTY, so start off with whatever
documentation that provides: I'm fairly sure that it integrates with
some (but probably not all) versions of Xming.

The issue apparently is that the author of Xming realised that he'd done
a good job, and tried to go commercial. The result is that almost
everybody settled on using the last "free" version, and that will almost
certainly be reflected in what PuTTY works with.

If you had Xming working you'd probably find that it has Xnest, but I'd
not suggest using that since it wouldn't solve your c&p problems and if
the connection went down you'd lose work.

Alternatively, if you have an OpenSSH client on a Linux desktop system
operation should be seamless, but I'm not going into that unless you
indicate that it's something you're specifically prepared to explore and
even then the linux-other (or possibly fpc-other) list might be a better
place.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk