[Lazarus] WMEnterSizeMove Messages not firing

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 23:05:37 CET 2015

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 7:27 PM, Ondrej Pokorny <lazarus at kluug.net> wrote:
> It's a matter of discussion. The message handling is low-level. So there can
> be differences between widgetsets. It's important to have as little
> differences in the high-level (events, virtual methods etc.). But small
> differences even in those exist, unfortunately.
>
> It is extremely useful to be able to access the low-level messages without
> workarounds even with the limitation that they are available only on some
> widgetsets (maybe only one).
>
> Zeljko stated in the "How to create a non focusable form?" thread
> http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/pipermail/lazarus/2015-October/095047.html
> that WMNCHitTest is Windows-only. And it is indeed passed to LCL. So LCL is
> not very systematic about this issue at all. Wouldn't it be easier to pass
> all messages to the LCL? Furthermore, compatibility to Delphi would be
> achieved - only on Windows, though, but still better than nothing.

True. Maybe the important question is "how badly it breaks the
application in other widgetsets?"
The functionality based on WMEnterSizeMove message is then missing in
other system.
Maybe it does not matter, the app is usable but some fancy resize
feature is missing.
I am not against adding it. I know there are widgetsets differences
already including non-supported properties.

Juha