[Lazarus] Desktops with docked IDE

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:39:58 CEST 2015

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>> Mattias, is it OK to move unit AnchorDockOptionsDlg from package
>> AnchorDocking to AnchorDockingDsgn?
>> It contain the settings frame which is used only in Lazarus IDE.
>
> It works fine without the IDE.
> The idea is that applications can easily provide some options for
> docking.
>
> What features do you need?
> Maybe you can create a descendant?

Actually the SaveOnClose feature was removed and moved to the desktop
thing when used for IDE docking.
Maybe it must be restored later to be used with user applications.

Anyway I restored some deleted code and refactored and removed the
IdeIntf dependency  from AnchorDocking package in r49787.
MiniIde example compiles and runs OK but damn, saving the layout
throws an exception.
TAnchorDockRestoreLayouts.fItems not initialized. I will debug it
later (unless somebody solves it sooner). Now must do other things ...

Juha