[Lazarus] IDE CoolBar issue

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Sep 9 23:31:15 CEST 2015

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 20:04:23 +0300
Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:

>[...]
> Ok, then my analysis was wrong. I thought it solved the problem for me
> but I did also fiddle with the environmentoptions.xml file.
> A certain cure for the problem is to delete the "default" desktop from
> environmentoptions.xml.

Looking at the code:
Instead of using file versions the code checks for old and new xml
nodes. And the Save method does not delete the old nodes. Which
is correct, because without file version you don't know if the
'Desktop' node is now used by another feature.

I suggest to use the file versions like the rest of the IDE:

Increase EnvOptsVersion.
Replace the HasPaths checks with FileVersion checks.
Delete the obsolete 'Desktop' nodes when loading old versions, so the
Save creates a clean environmentoptions.xml.

> > Should I create a bug report?
>
> Uhhh... I would recommend all victims of this bug edit their
> environmentoptions.xml.
> They are not many as the feature was in trunk only for a short time.
> Trunk users are doomed to see some hickups sometimes, that's the name
> of the game.

True. On the other hand the IDE code should be robust enough to load
old configs and create clean new ones. For example it should load
either old or new parts - not both.

Mattias