[Lazarus] Desktops and multiple source editors

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Sep 10 11:19:12 CEST 2015

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 10:25:15 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

>[...]
> For the project session you can currently specify that only forms belonging
> to the project should be included in the session.
> (I always set this to on, because opening 100+ units at startup is really counter-productive).

I'm not sure if you are mixing things up or if you found a bug.
The IDE only reopens what you had open.
The global option "Open designer when open unit" automatically opens
the designer form when opening a form unit.
The project option "Save editor info only for project files" stores
for non project files the editor position (e.g. caret, bookmarks,
foldings) and if the file was open in the source editor.

> I think the same should be done for packages: packages that are in the project dependencies
> and were open the last time the project was open, should be opened again.
>
> Or all packages should be opened.

I fail to imagine that someone wants to open all package
editors.

Mattias