[Lazarus] Cross-compiling for Raspberry Pi2

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Sep 18 11:18:48 CEST 2015

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I found a guide t o install FPC-Lazarus directly on the Pi2 itself
> here:
> http://www.tweaking4all.com/hardware/raspberry-pi/install-lazarus-pascal-on-raspberry-pi-2/
>
> It seems like an easier way to build directly on the end hardware than
> crosscompiling. But the CPU power might be a limiting factor of
> course. I will make an attempt at doing this first and see how it
> goes.
> I can always try cross-compilation later.

Bo, I did that on the original RPi at the end of last month. You'll need
a couple of the Debian -dev packages (yell if you want me to check my
notes) but the important things are (a) you'll need at least 512Mb of
RAM+swap available and (b) remember that you can run the IDE etc. over
SSH- you don't need a local screen and keyboard.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk