[Lazarus] Where is hwiringPi?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 01:50:02 CEST 2015

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 01:21:25 +0300, Maxim Ganetsky <ganmax at narod.ru>
wrote:

>19.09.2015 1:10, Donald Ziesig ?????:
>> Hi All!
>>
>> It looks like this is Raspberry PI day :-) .
>>
>> I have Lazarus working on a RPi 2 B with no problems til now.
>>
>> (Started with monitor, keyboard and mouse till I got ssh and vnc setup,
>> then switched to Remmina on my laptop via tcp/ip).
>>
>> I need to access the GPIO pins from my Lazarus program.  I have found
>> the C library "wiringPi" and many references to the FPC "hwiringPi"
>> package that wraps it, but I'll be darned if I can find "hwiringPi" itself.
>
>Strange, that you couldn't find it. This site:
>
>https://github.com/AkselMeola/Pascal-projects-on-Raspberry/tree/master/Morse-code-translator
>
>is the first for the "hwiringPi" Google query.

Strangely I also need this for my RPi2 project!
The software needs to pull two relays as part ofthe automation. So
GPIO access is needed.
Now that it popped up may I inject a question here:

The hiwiringpi.pas file is an interface to something else written in C
if I understood the text correctly.
How does that work? It seems like I have to compile something in C on
the Pi as well and it produces an *.o file. Does that act like a dll
in Windows or like a lib file that gets linked into the final
executable?

I am not really (yet) familiar wth programming in Linux....

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden