[Lazarus] Cross-compiling for Raspberry Pi2

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Sep 21 10:10:05 CEST 2015

On 09/18/2015 06:19 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:

> Or is there a better way on Linux?
A typical Linux way in fact is doing a cron job. A common Unix paradigm
is to do any functionality in a small dedicated "run through" executable
and chain those via pipes and/or call them via system functionality such
as cron.

Of course it also is possible to to a complex program that internally
handles events (e.g. timers that schedule certain activities) in a way
Delphi suggests. But here the typical Delphi way is using TTimer (and
threads with appropriate synchronization if appropriate) to handle the
multiple events that occur. This is why I suggested to do an
"Application" in Lazarus instead of a "Console program", as only same
has support for TTimer etc, This does not harm on a Pi, as here GUI
support is enabled by default, and showing status information on the GUI
of our program can be a great help with debugging.

> And I have to include an Indy TCP Client too....
I did not ever try myself but I multiple times heard about problems with
Indy on Lazarus/Linux. No Idea if this in fact is workable on ARM.

Please let us know what you find.

-Michael