[Lazarus] Cross-compiling for Raspberry Pi2

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Sep 21 10:24:59 CEST 2015

On 09/18/2015 03:44 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> Now we need to shrink and ruggedize the system ...

IMHO a Pi is nit suitable to "ruggedize" a system. The Pi is made for
education purpose not for embedded use. It's stability, EDS immunity,
and temperature range is not suitable for this. If there is any security
issue with this project you should choose another ARM Linux system.
There are lots of them that offer better specifications for embedded
use. Moreover Wifi is not usable for decent embedded application. it is
very prone to be temporarily unavailable by environmental influence
(such as microwave ovens and other Wifi routers nearby).

> esterday I realized that it would be a large task to re-invent the
> software on the Pi using for example python since I am not at all
> familiar with that language....
To me it is a very viable idea to use the well tested Delphi code and
port the Project to fpc/Lazarus.

-Michael