[Lazarus] Cross-compiling for Raspberry Pi2

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Sep 21 10:31:55 CEST 2015

On 09/18/2015 04:08 PM, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> 3. Cross compile and cross debug the Linux application to RaspberryPi on the Linux X86 PC.
I did try rather hard but getting cross compiling running with Lazarus
was not really amusing and I did not at all succeed in getting cross
(aka remote) debugging with Lazarus going.

So I suggest to install fpc on the target and compile natively on the ARM.

Debugging there might be a problem, but I know that running Lazarus
naively on a decent ARM system is possible and debugging should work in
the normal way. Maybe a Pi oi to small a system for doing this with
acceptable performance.

-Michael