[Lazarus] Cross-compiling for Raspberry Pi2

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Sep 21 13:37:48 CEST 2015

On 09/21/2015 01:26 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Wow, a Service Application in Delphi (unlike under FPC - at least for
> *nix) seems to be a full-on GUI application, just without a UI.

... because this is easy to do in Windows, but not that easy in Linux ;-)

The Lazarus team did a great job but needs to draw a line at certain
locations.

(As you might know I do have a working draft of an "Active NoGui" Widget
Type implementation, and I suppose with fpc 3.0 - that seemingly finally
provides TThread.Queue in a released version - it might be viable to
push it. I'll re-check as soon as I find some time to do this.)

-Michael