[Lazarus] Cross-compiling for Raspberry Pi2

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Sep 21 14:05:33 CEST 2015

On 09/21/2015 01:50 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Just to be clear, using threads in this case didn't require
> Synchronize() either - because Synchronize() is purely there for GUI
> apps, which this wasn't.

Of course it is *possible* (it even is _possible_ to code a complete
application with a hex editor :-) ) But this is a point of view I don't
share at all.

To me it is a very bad idea to have the Lazarus users use completely
different paradigms for common stuff like timers,
Worker-Thread-responses, and - in the end - the makeup of a project (as
a number of events scheduled by the infrastructure vs as a thing that
needs a loop just for waiting on anything).

Nowadays, even very small embedded boards do have GUI support. So it's
not very important to have a NoGUI application like I did (just for fun,
when I still had some spare time). You simply can always tolerate a link
to a GUI framework an let same do it's thing, even if nobody will ever
see it.

-Michael