[Lazarus] Cross-compiling for Raspberry Pi2

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Sep 21 17:00:43 CEST 2015

On 09/21/2015 04:42 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> I take your comment as meaning there are other platforms where FPC
> also runs, right?
Yep. You can always switch to another ARM/Linux board with not much
porting effort.
> The intrument has already been modified by replacing the serial port
> by an internal WiFi AP module which connects to the instrument via
> RS232 and the outside world will get access via a TCP port on the AP
> host.
We (company) did tests with serial via WLAN (and Zigbee) and gave up due
to lack of reliability. We very happily use DECT instead

> Only one unit deals with the physical layer and it has already a
> conditional to specify what kind of com port is used. That is where I
> have to tie in the conditional for TCP/IP comm using whatever socket
> implementation I find most suitable.
The data path of the Serial via TCP/IP link supposedly is just Telnet,
i.e. just a TCP/IP Socket. So you really don't need Indy.

-Michael