[Lazarus] Cross-compiling for Raspberry Pi2

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 17:16:21 CEST 2015

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 17:00:43 +0200, Michael Schnell
<mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

>On 09/21/2015 04:42 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> The intrument has already been modified by replacing the serial port
>> by an internal WiFi AP module which connects to the instrument via
>> RS232 and the outside world will get access via a TCP port on the AP
>> host.
>We (company) did tests with serial via WLAN (and Zigbee) and gave up due
>to lack of reliability. We very happily use DECT instead

Well, we found a WiFi module that could implement an AP functionality
and then we created an Android app to communicate with TCP/IP on the
port that runs to the instrument RS232. It has worked very well for a
couple of years now.

>> Only one unit deals with the physical layer and it has already a
>> conditional to specify what kind of com port is used. That is where I
>> have to tie in the conditional for TCP/IP comm using whatever socket
>> implementation I find most suitable.
>The data path of the Serial via TCP/IP link supposedly is just Telnet,
>i.e. just a TCP/IP Socket. So you really don't need Indy.

I don't really know how Telnet could tie in here. I belive the port we
use just channels whatever is received from either end to the other
end. There is no protocol involved inside the TCP link, just rawe
(binary) data streaming through. One level up in our software there is
a protocol though to handle the streamed data.
Isn't Telnet some kind of terminal emulation system with escape codes
and all?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden