[Lazarus] Cross-compiling for Raspberry Pi2

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 21 18:58:14 CEST 2015

Am 21.09.2015 17:58 schrieb "Bo Berglund" <bo.berglund at gmail.com>:

> On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 17:24:50 +0200, Sven Barth
> <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> >Am 21.09.2015 16:42 schrieb "Bo Berglund" <bo.berglund at gmail.com>:
> >> Unfortunately since the existing code is built on non-blocking serial
> >> communications and events to handle the data reception I am at a loss
> >> right now concerning what TCP socket component to use.
> >> Indy is blocking, synapse is blocking and ICS being non-blocking is
> >> not open for commercial use and even so not really maintained for FPC
> >> either...
> >
> >You could take a look at the TInetSocket of the ssockets unit which is
part
> >of FPC (at least in 3.0.0, don't remember about 2.6.4).
>
> I tried to find information on this but it seems a bit difficult...
> Since I have Lazarus installed in my Win7 PC it would be good to know
> where in the installation I might find the units for this component.
> A search from the top of Lazarus finds a number of files with socket
> in their names but no ssocket file at all.
> The sockets.pas file I found indicates that it is for OS/2 only

As I said it might be that you need at least 3.0.0. But you could try to
install the release candidate for that.
The code should be in lazarusdir/fpc/VER/packages/fcl-net/src (Note: path
might be not entirely correct as I don't have a Windows installation of
Lazarus in front of me right now).

> I also found a wiki page http://wiki.freepascal.org/Sockets where some
> info could be gleaned.
> But I am worried that this component actually is TEXT oriented such
> that it strips off/adds line endings to whatever is sent/received...

No, that's a different unit/component/class...

> Could you confirm that the TSocketClient can actually handle raw
> binary data such taht one can send/receive a binary file over the TCP
> connection?
> If tha is the case then it might just be what I need to implement my
> simple serial port interface via TCP/IP.

I can't say anything about TSocketClient, but the TInetClient in the
ssockets unit I mentioned is a class that's rather directly on top of the
native socket API, so that should definitely be able to handle it.

Regards,
Sven