[Lazarus] Cross-compiling for Raspberry Pi2

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 06:18:21 CEST 2015

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 16:18:23 +0100, Graeme Geldenhuys
<mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

>Here is the result of just one such case... You often end up with this
>after a 15 year development cycle.
>
>  http://geldenhuys.co.uk/~graemeg/datamodule.png

That was pretty impressively unreadable!
I know we have used data modules too in order to stuff non-visual
components on and then get the RAD studio help in fixing the GUI
dependencies, but we never walked this far....
Thanks for showing it, it is a reminder to keep things tidy!

As for the thread topic, I think I have already gotten the info I
need:
1) Don't cross-compile
2) First port over to Lazarus in Windows <= I will start here soon
3) Next port to Lazarus on Linux (I have a Linux Mint virtual machine)
4) Finally port over to Raspberry Pi

This voids any need for cross-compilig, and the final step gets me the
end result compiled on the final hardware.

Other threads created for other related topics....

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden