[Lazarus] Cross-compiling for Raspberry Pi2

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 22:05:27 CEST 2015

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 15:30:53 +0100, Graeme Geldenhuys
<mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

>On 2015-09-23 15:21, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> I tried to find instructions on how to use Indy in Lazarus/FPC but
>> what I found was very old and incomplete...
>
>I've used Indy with FPC for years, in the tiOPF's 3-tier code. Tested
>under Windows, Linux and FreeBSD. Usage was identical compared to
>Delphi+Indy.
>
>The only difference I remember was with server components (eg: HTTP
>Server) which required root access to open the port, because the port
>was below 1024. Using ports higher than 1024 could be run as a normal user.

So do I take it as:

1) I check out the Indy 10.5.7 sources (Core, Protocols, System) like
I always do with new installs of Delphi into some subfolder of FPC.
(WE keep the 10.5.7 version in our own version control in order to get
some consistency in our development)

2) I add the path to these locations to somewhere in FPC or Lazarus.
Where is this done???

3) Then I start using the Indy stuff in my application. Just add the
proper units into the uses clause of teh applications as needed.

Is this the way to go?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden