[Lazarus] Is it an error to have mutiple help viewers enabled?

Alan Corey alan01346 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 20:12:52 CEST 2016

One of my copies of Lazarus shows that ChmHelpPkg 0.2 is installed.
If I hit F1 in a field in ObjectInspector I see what looks like a chm
viewer for a fraction of a second then I get an Access Violation and
it goes away.  Meanwhile if I look at Firefox it's trying to open a
chm file.  There are plugins for that, I'm downloading one, hopefully.

Figured how to change web browsers, just type in the path to one
beside where it says BrowserPath.

fpdoc looks good, but why is fpcdoc.chm in the Lazarus 1.0.14 tarball
yet gone by 1.6.0?  It seems to be the generator of most of your
documentation, whether in chm, inf or html.  It would probably not be
hard to add epub as a format since that's zipped html.  I'm trying to
manually construct the whole tree from toc.chm down as one file.  Just
what everybody should carry in their phone as an epub. :)  PDF or
dejavu wouldn't be bad as long as you can generate the internal
hyperlinks under program control.

FPC and Lazarus look like a giant project that's gone on for many
years.  I remember trying FPC in about 1998 and sticking with Borland.
Now that they're mostly gone and Lazarus has gone multiplatform it
surpasses anything Borland did.

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX