[Lazarus] German umlauts in component names

Sat Apr 2 14:38:20 CEST 2016

On 2016-04-02 13:16, Santiago A. wrote:
> similar should be done. You would need to make compulsory a command in
> source code to tell which code set is using.

I would hope anybody in this day and age only uses UTF-8 for text files
and source code. It was designed to solve the multiple CodePages mess
from before.

Anyway, back to the point. I fully agree that anything outside the ASCII
range is a bad idea for Identifiers, Unit Names etc. Even if the
compiler does support it, using it is still a bad idea.

As a contract programmer I already struggle working on code where
identifiers, Class names, methods, code comments etc are written in
non-English [I fully agree its their right to do so, as it is not
feasible to think everybody can speak or write English]. But adding
different character sets to the mix will massively increase that hurdle.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/