[Lazarus] German umlauts in component names

Santiago A. svaa at ciberpiula.net
Tue Apr 5 10:59:17 CEST 2016

El 04/04/2016 a las 12:12, Mattias Gaertner escribió:
> This is an English mailing list, so naturally you will find many
> thinking the same here. But many people want to use non English words
> as identifiers. They need non English letters.

I'm Spanish, and I don't support non ascii identifiers.

Perhaps for teaching boys would be useful.

MsOffice and libreoffice macro languages even translates functions (ie
YEAR()=AÑO()). Is that a good idea?. Well for an interpreted language
maybe. But I don't think it is a good idea as part of a professional
language specification.

--
Saludos

Santi