[Lazarus] PDF generator, try 2

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Apr 6 20:14:49 CEST 2016

On Wed, 6 Apr 2016, silvioprog wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>
> wrote:
> [...]
>
>> Why is this patch needed ? It should not be needed at all ?
>>

> Sorry, I sent a wrong patch, please consider this new one in attachment.
>
> My patch just fix wrong chars in the generated PDF, eg, before the apply
> it, I got:

I see. I don't understand why this patch fixes it for you.

Because it means that somewhere a conversion happens that should not happen.

> ps. about the hints/warnings, see the compiler log below:
>
> Compile Project, Target: testfppdf.exe: Success, Warnings: 3, Hints: 4
> fppdf.pp(1049,28) Hint: Local variable "Buffer" does not seem to be
> initialized
> fppdf.pp(1028,3) Note: Local variable "I" not used
> fppdf.pp(3194,31) Warning: Implicit string type conversion from
> "AnsiString" to "WideString"
> fppdf.pp(3195,35) Warning: Implicit string type conversion from
> "AnsiString" to "WideString"
> fppdf.pp(808,44) Hint: Parameter "EmbeddedFontNum" not used
> fppdf.pp(808,70) Hint: Parameter "FontDef" not used
> fppdf.pp(3308,37) Warning: Implicit string type conversion with potential
> data loss from "WideString" to "AnsiString"

Maybe one of these string conversion warnings are the cause of the error.
I suspect the last one, actually, line 3308.

The other ones will be fixed too, of course.

Michael.