[Lazarus] {$warn 5023 off: No warning about unused units}

Wed Apr 6 23:53:43 CEST 2016

On 2016-04-06 22:31, Werner Pamler wrote:
> There must be something in my Lazarus settings which inserts this line.
>
> Could anybody give me a hint where to look?

I see the same thing here with Lazarus v1.7. It is annoying for the SCM,
but I think I figured out the reasoning for that line. Lazarus packages
have somewhere a setting that says the unit managing the package must
(or mustn't) be added to the program using that package. I guess it
helps with forcing FPC to compile all units in question. I always delete
that, as I like my uses clause clean.

My suggestion (and personal solution) is to shy away from using packages
at all. I used to believe they were the best feature of Lazarus after I
moved from Delphi years back. I don't think that any more.

Project templates and macros in settings have simplified my life a lot.
My hard drives have plenty of space for non-shared [between projects]
compiled units too. Lazarus simply has too many "automated
functionality" these days that simply annoy.

Regards,
  - Graeme -