[Lazarus] Search dialog scope

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Thu Apr 7 11:43:10 CEST 2016

On 07.04.2016 11:12, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> But the dialog's behaviour has always been 'as in delphi' (or at least
> as long as I remember)

No, it wasn't.

> so I don't understand what you changed or why you thought it was
> necessary ?

Read the issue report. Lazarus picked scope "from cursor" when executing
search on a selection. Delphi picks up "from beginning" in this case.

> Well. You definitely broke it, from my point of view. It used to work
> correct :)

Well yes, if you search with single-line selection, it works as expected
(I fixed this). I forgot to test multi line selection. I'll fix that as
well.

> Tried again, but select five lines with shift-up.
> So the cursor is at the start of the selection.
> Same result.
>
> I undid your revision, and then it works correct:
>
> Dialog opens,
>   scope: selected text,
>   origin: from cursor.

Exactly this is wrong behavior what I wanted to fix. It should be
   scope: selected text,
*origin: from beginning.*
Because if you select with shift-down, you get nothing in the search.

Lazarus does it correctly after r51697 for single line selection but not
multi-line. I'll fix it.

Ondrej